This was my first full restoration from bare wood up.
This one came from Maine. When I bought it, I thought I was buying a Heavy Barrel. At the time, I didn't know much about conversions. A conversion is a cabinet that started life as one game, then somewhere along the road got converted to a different game. Operators often did this when the original game became old, to save money.
Once I learned of the conversion revelation, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. I'm a purist and couldn't accept the idea of owning a conversion. Besides, it was in pretty bad shape; bad paint, bad controls, bad monitor. Ultimately, I decided to de-convert it back to Pac-Man, despite the fact I don't really like Pac-Man. Due to the paint requirements, this was the most time-consuming restoration -- for a game I don't even like!
- Full strip and repaint with blue speckles
- Stenciled art (painted)
- Like-new VisionPro monitor (trashed the original G07 after failed repair)
- New marquee and bezel from Phoenix Arcade
- Freshly powder coated coin door
- New repro control panel (multigame)
- New Seimitsu lighted stick